Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support (Pension Age) calculator

Use this calculator if you have reached Pension Age and want to check if you are entitled to Council Tax Support.

If you are working age please use our step by step guide at www.wakefield.gov.uk/cts2020 to calculate an entitlement to Council Tax Support.

Before you claim Housing Benefit, you must check to see if you should be claiming help with your rent from Universal Credit instead.

You can only claim Housing Benefit if:

  • you and your partner (if you have one) are a pensioner; or
  • you live in supported or temporary accommodation (if you are unsure please ring us first on 0345 8504 504); or

You must check here first to see if you should be claiming Universal Credit instead of Housing Benefit. It is very important that you claim the correct benefit. If you claim the wrong benefit, you may lose out on entitlement.

You should only complete this form if you want to apply for help at an address within the Wakefield District. If you are unsure, please check the address here.

Please choose one of the following options:

Start a new form

Click on the Start button to get going

Continue a saved form

Choose this option to retrieve a previously saved form - enter your reference number from last time and click Continue to carry on
Loading section. Please wait a few moments... Please wait while we search for your details